"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Saturday, February 5, 2011

<<<< Wisdom >>>>

"I was there. At the gates towering above me; I pounded at them for days and nights. I would wake to find myself decorated with a gaping scream and frozen tears upon my brittle skin. It is a terrible thing to fall asleep, only to join hopeless dreams which reluctantly withold any semblance of a falsehood to comofort you. If dreams themselves wouldn't let me enter, why alone try? Because I do know why i was there; I know what beckoned to me, beyond the cold iron doors. I saw it in my dreams. I saw it. Seeing is believing...... and with all my faith, you'll find me tirelessly demanding entrance. I know its there. Its just out of my reach, is all. "

- See no Evil

--------------------------

"Days had passed in silence. For the majority of my life, I bled in ignorance. Fought without remorse, and wept without hope. Except on that day. It was on that day, i first heard the bells ringing. Across deltas, mountain spines, seas and continents. No matter where i traveled or which direction i'd face or what dark niches i crawled into following only their call, i could hear them bid my first return home. Speechless asking me to beseech and entreat them. To listen, to come home. I can tell you now, I'll never return there for as long as I live. Once you leave the city on the hill, you stay away. You tell yourself over and over its for the best that you went back to the ignorant bliss. That there is no other life than that without the answer to the questions we ask. That is what i know and what i believe, for there is no other truth than that of my choice. Yet......... i still hear the bells. "

- Hear no Evil

--------------------------

"To hell with everything we have. To hell with everything you wanted from me.
You'll be standing there at the end of all things, wishing you asked for the truth.
I could only ever have lied to you. About everything.
I am indeed from the city on the hill.
To hell with every nuance of reality that you seemed to avoid.
To hell with moving on.
I am from the city on the hill, and we. never. move.
To hell with progression and repettion...
We've sat here for a good long while waiting for someone like you.
But now its over for you.
Its for the better.
And dont think this is another lie..
for i'm from the city on the hill, and we don't lie."

- Speak no Evil

--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment