"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Friday, February 18, 2011

<<<< Window >>>>

"I know peace.
I'm there.
I'm warm, nude, draped in a room fluttered with walls of white satin
quietly posed on a white bed with a number of down pillows;
it's sheets half-living on the floor without dirt
as my shoes and socks paint a map to my vanity.

i'm sitting in front of a window the size of the wall itself.
and i'm watching birds fly.

I'm watching them do more than simply live; I'm watching them soar
in the sublime paragon of a clear sky.

I raise my hand, and with a gentle push, open the window so that i may
feel the beating of their wings echo in the blue.

a rush of chaotic wind floods the room as water in a sinking ship
blowing my sheets and hair wildly about the room.

i breathe, and the vault of heaven overtakes me
in my niche, my cavity, hiding against the weight of the air.

on my bed.. i close my eyes. breathe again, and am at my peace.

-----------

minutes later of my archaic smile, i open my sapphire eyes
observing the birds, having flown a few floors down the
spotless concrete wall of the tower.

i change my focus, and i can see the ground, far below. the birds blur to specs as
if snowflakes juxtaposed with the whole.

the earth is miles below.
miles.

i see hints of buildings streaming out from the base of this tower
as if a vein of minerals deep in the roots of this Yggdrasil of mankind.

to my right, i observe the winter sun wane,
and to my left, i can see the winter moon rise.

Duality in balance, and harmony in my rejoice.
I am at peace.



i only wish... this room had a door.


but then i remember, its not often we find what we're looking for in the city on the hill."

--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment