"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14

Friday, February 18, 2011

<<<< Fields >>>>

"I was a young man too once, running through the fields.

Not a single petal was hidden in the day.

Not a single inch of the sky wasn't mine.

And the sun never was as bright as my soul, for my will eclipsed even her.

And i always was pure.

The fields far in the valley were flawless in their own randomnimity.

In these days, i'd wake when I willed it so and slept when i was tired.

The peace was there, the chase was there, the hunt was there, the grass was there.
The lightbugs were there, as bright as the birds calls were pleasant.
And my lover was there.

She was there by my side. And she wasn't on the hill.

For years she and i would gaze utterly into eachothers eyes, as we slept together.

Me in her, and so close to her. And so warm.

For years we would walk the fields, swim in the streams, farm and hunt our own keep.




And then they built the city on the hill.
It went up in a night.

While we were sleeping. Without warning. Without a sound.

Instead of there being the distant place the sun would rest, there was the tower.

And no matter how far i travel, i seem to always be in its shadow, yet i have truly never been there.

With her, I can stay away."

- Wanderlust

--------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment